Distinguished by its bright design, the Canon EF-mount Tokina opera 16-28mm f/2.8 FF is a flexible wide-angle zoom well-suited to landscape, architectural, and astrophotography applications. The f/2.8 constant maximum aperture pairs with the broad field of view range to realize an ideal lens for working in available light conditions and for using shallow depth of field techniques. The optical design incorporates aspherical and low dispersion glass elements, which help to control distortion and color fringing throughout the zoom range in order to produce sharp, clear, and color-accurate imagery. A multi-coating has also been applied to individual elements in order to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. Complementing the optical design is a sophisticated focusing system, which uses a DC motor, Silent Drive module, GMR magnetic sensor, and an internal focusing design in order to provide especially quiet and quick focusing performance to suit stills and video needs. A One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism also allows for fast switching between autofocus and manual focus settings. Additionally, this 16-28mm f/2.8 sports a nine-blade diaphragm to produce a pleasing bokeh quality and it has a built-in lens hood to shield the bulbous front element from stray light.
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however, can also be used with DX models where it provides a 24-42mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance and excellent light transmission throughout the zoom range.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Three glass-molded low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Bulbous front element contributes to realizing low distortion and even illumination across the frame.
- Multi-coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting in order to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A DC motor, a Silent Drive module, GMR magnetic AF sensor, and internal focusing design, afford especially quiet, precise, and fast autofocus performance. Additionally, a One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism permits switching between AF and MF modes by simply snapping the focus ring back and forth.
The built-in petal-shaped lens hood helps prevent stray light from causing flare and offers some protection to the front lens element.
- Nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits from the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
Tokina Opera 16-28mm F/2.8 Specs
Focal Length： 16 to 28mm
Maximum Aperture： f/2.8
Minimum Aperture： f/22
Lens Mount： Canon EF
Lens Format Coverage： Full-Frame
Angle of View： 107.1° to 76.87°
Minimum Focus Distance： 11.02" / 28 cm
Maximum Magnification： 0.19x
Optical Design： 15 Elements in 13 Groups
Diaphragm Blades： 9
Focus Type： Autofocus
Image Stabilization： No
Filter Size： None
Dimensions (ø x L)： 3.5 x 5.26" / 89 x 133.5 mm
Length at Maximum Extension： 5.26" / 133.7 mm
Weight： 33.16 oz / 940 g